Going on a hike or just need a quick snack to satisfy your hunger? Try making your own trail mix! It’s easy, affordable, and you can customize it to your liking. Plus, with the right ingredients, trail mix can give you the energy boost you need to power through your day. Check out this simple recipe below:
- 1 cup unsalted almonds
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 1 cup pretzels
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Step 2: Spread the almonds and cashews on a baking sheet and toast for 8-10 minutes, until lightly golden and fragrant. Be sure to stir the nuts halfway through the baking process to ensure even toasting.
- Step 3: Let the nuts cool completely before mixing in the other ingredients.
- Step 4: Once the nuts have cooled, mix in the pretzels, chocolate chips, and dried cranberries.
- Step 5: Store the trail mix in an airtight container or plastic bag for up to a week.
Feel free to customize this trail mix recipe to your liking! Here are some ingredient swaps you can make:
- Replace the almonds and cashews with your favorite nuts, like peanuts or pecans.
- Swap out the dark chocolate chips for milk or white chocolate chips.
- Substitute dried cranberries for other dried fruits, like raisins or apricots.
- Add in other mix-ins like M&M’s, coconut flakes, or pumpkin seeds.
As you can see, making your own trail mix is a simple and satisfying snack option for busy people on-the-go. With this easy recipe, you can whip up a delicious blend of nuts, chocolate, and dried fruit in no time. So next time you’re in need of an energy boost, grab a bag of homemade trail mix and hit the trails!