- 1 3/4 cups cake flour (regular flour fine too)
- 3/4 cups Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups crushed Oreos
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the cake: Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9 X 13 inch pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In a small pot, bring 1 1/4 cup water to a boil. (boiling extra in case some evaporates-you will only need one cup!)
- Add eggs, vanilla, milk,and oil and beat together or about two minutes. Stir in 1 cup of the boiling water with a wooden spoon until incorporated. The batter will be very thin. Pour batter into the prepared 9 X 13 inch pan and bake for 30-35 minutes (until a toothpick inserted comes out clean).
- Beat butter and cocoa together. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, slowly beating until smooth and creamy. Add vanilla and beat for another 30 seconds. Spread over cooled dark chocolate cake. Cover with crushed Oreos and mini chocolate chips.
This photo is copyright protected