When life hands you lemons, make deliciously refreshing lemonade! This classic minty fresh lemonade recipe is perfect for hot summer days. Combine it with some ice, and you’ve got the perfect drink to help you cool off and relax. Follow this recipe to learn how to make your own minty fresh lemonade at home.
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups water
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- Additional mint leaves for garnish
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar and 1 cup water.
- Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add mint leaves.
- Allow the sugar syrup (also called simple syrup) to cool off.
- Using a fine strainer, strain out the mint leaves.
- In a large pitcher, mix the freshly squeezed lemon juice, the remaining 3 cups of water, and the mint-flavored simple syrup.
- Mix well.
- Chill in the fridge for about an hour or until it is nice and cold.
- Serve over ice and garnish with mint leaves.
This Minty Fresh Lemonade Recipe is perfect for picnics, barbecues, or just relaxing in the sun. Get creative with it and add strawberries or raspberries for a fruity twist. Share this recipe with your friends, and enjoy a refreshing glass of homemade lemonade together.