Maple Pecan Roasted Acorn Squash
Prep Time:10 minutes Cook Time:40 minutes Total Time:50 minutes Servings: 4
Easy roasted acorn squash boats filled with buttery maple syrup and topped with crunchy toasted pecans!
- 2 acorn squash, cut in half and scooped/seeded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup (or brown sugar or honey)
- 1/4 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped (optional)
- Place the squash halves on a baking sheet with the scooped holes facing up and divide the butter and maple syrup between the holes.
- Bake in a preheated 400F/200C oven until tender, about 40-50 minutes, basting the insides with the butter and syrup in the holes.
- Sprinkle on the toasted pecans and enjoy with a spoon!
Note: Acorn squash are also called pepper squash.
Note: Baking time may vary depending on the size of the squash.
Option: Add 2 teaspoons white miso paste to the butter and maples syrup divided between the squash halves.
Option: Add 2 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese after baking!
Option: Add 2 tablespoons of cooked and crumbled bacon after baking!
Option: Scoop the flesh out of the skins, mash and enjoy like mashed potatoes!