What are some tips for making the perfect homemade pancakes for breakfast?
What’s better than starting your day with a stack of fluffy, homemade pancakes? Not much, we’d argue. With just a few simple ingredients and some easily-followed steps, you can whip up a batch of pancakes that’ll have you ready to take on whatever challenges the day may throw your way.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Add a pat of butter or a spritz of non-stick cooking spray.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the pancake batter onto the skillet or griddle. Cook until the edges are set and bubbles form on the surface, then flip and cook until the other side is golden brown and the pancake is cooked through.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more butter or cooking spray as needed.
- Stack the pancakes on a plate and serve with butter and maple syrup.