- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup honey or agave syrup
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup freshly grated ginger
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 small handful of fresh mint leaves
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water and grated ginger. Bring to a boil and let boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and let it cool down for a few minutes.
- Strain the ginger-infused water into a pitcher or a jug.
- Add the lemon juice and honey or agave syrup. Stir well until combined.
- Add the sliced lemon and the fresh mint leaves.
- Let the mixture sit in the fridge for at least 1 hour, or until cooled down.
- When ready to serve, give the ginger lemonade a good stir and add ice to your liking.
- Enjoy your refreshing and spicy ginger lemonade!
Tip: for a more intense ginger flavor, add a few more slices of fresh ginger to the pitcher before refrigerating.