Turmeric Zucchini Soup
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 6
A light and tasty zucchini soup with lemon, turmeric, cayenne and ginger.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced/grated
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced/grated
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 3 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 pounds zucchini, diced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large sauce over medium-high heat, add the onion, carrot and celery and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, turmeric, and cayenne and cook, mixing, until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broth, coconut milk and zucchini, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the zucchini is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Optionally puree some or all of the soup with a stick blender, in a food processor or a blender and return to the pan.
- Add the fish sauce and lemon juice before seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in the cilantro and enjoy!
Option: Add a tablespoon of Thai red curry paste along with the galic, ginger, cumin, coriander, turmeric, and cayenne.