French Potato Salad
Prep Time:10 minutes Cook Time:15 minutes Total Time:25 minutes Servings: 4
A simple French style potato salad in a dijon mustard vinaigrette with plenty of fresh herbs!
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, cubed (optionally peeled)
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons dill, chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, finely diced (optional)
- 1/4 cup cornichons (or dill pickles), diced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (or sherry vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced/grated (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cornichon (pickle) juice (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes in a large pot, cover with water, add a pinch of salt, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are just tender, about 8-10 minutes, before removing from water and letting them cool
- Toss the potatoes, parsley, dill, green onions, shallot, and cornichons in the mixture of the oil, vinegar, mustards, garlic, cornichon juice, salt and pepper.
- Enjoy immediately or let sit, covered, in the fridge for an hour or overnight!
Option: Add tarragon, thyme, chives, or other herbs!