These fudgy and delicious Gluten-Free Brownies are a chocolaty, rich dessert that everyone is sure to love! You will never guess they are gluten-free because they are so decadent and divine.
Get ready to impress your friends and family with these Gluten-Free Brownies! They are super decadent and I promise they won’t even know they are gluten-free! They are flourless brownies so they are super fudgy and full of chocolate! If you’ve tried my Flourless Chocolate Cake, you know flourless is a GOOD thing when it comes to chocolate.
I love these gluten-free brownies because you don’t need any fancy ingredients or special flours. They are made with every day ingredients and are still gluten-free!
Flourless Brownie Ingredients
You won’t even miss the flour, I promise! The secret ingredient here is the cornstarch, which helps give the brownies a great texture without the addition of flour.
- Chocolate chips– Make sure you use GOOD chocolate. I like Guittard semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips for this recipe. Enjoy Life is another good option, they are vegan, dairy-free and so good!
- Butter– I use unsalted butter.
- Sugar– I like to use brown sugar and granulated sugar. The brown sugar makes the brownies extra chewy and fudgy.
- Eggs– Get out 2 large eggs for this brownie recipe!
- Vanilla extract– Pure vanilla extract is best!
- Dutch processed cocoa– I love using Dutch processed cocoa because it gives the brownies an intense chocolate flavor. You can use unsweetened cocoa powder but I don’t think the flavor is as good:)
- Cornstarch– Cornstarch is the magic ingredient!
- Espresso powder– Espresso powder is optional, but so delicious. It will bring out the chocolate flavor in the brownies.
- Sea salt– I love sweet and salty!!
How to Make Gluten-Free Brownies
It’s easier than you think! This homemade brownie recipe is EASY!
- Before we start mixing, prep an 8×8 baking pan with nonstick spray and preheat your oven to 350. Line the pan with parchment (leaving an overhang on each side!) and spray it one more time. This makes for the perfect, pop-out-of-the-pan brownies once they’re done baking.
- Combine 1 cup of chocolate chips and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl and melt in 30-second intervals, stirring each time, until it’s smooth and creamy. Don’t overheat!
- Stir in the sugars and mix until everything is smooth. Next comes the eggs and vanilla!
- Now the dry ingredients: cocoa, cornstarch, espresso powder, and sea salt. Stir until it’s just combined, then add in ¼ cup of the remaining chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, topping it off with the remaining chocolate chips and a sprinkle of sea salt on the top. Bake 20-25 minutes, when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean pr with a couple moist crumbs.
- Let them cool completely before cutting into squares and enjoying!
This is where you can make this recipe your own! Use this recipe as a base and turn it into your dream dessert with:
- Fun mix-ins! Add chocolate chunks, peanut butter chips, or white chocolate chips.
- Add in your favorite nuts! Chopped walnuts, almonds, or hazelnuts are great options.
- Serve with a scoop of your favorite ice cream! My favorite, especially with hot fudge:)
- Sprinkle a little powdered sugar on top for a really pretty presentation!
- Decorate with fruit! Strawberries or raspberries are delicious with brownies.
- Frost! Make it REALLY decadent and frost the brownies with chocolate frosting, vanilla frosting, or even peanut butter frosting!
How to Store
Store cooled brownies in an airtight container on the countertop for 3-5 days. These brownies also freeze well, so if you want to make a double batch or save some for later, store them in a freezer-safe container for up to 2 months.
More Brownie Recipes
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips, divided
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into tablespoon pieces
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Dutch processed cocoa (can use unsweetened cocoa)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoons espresso powder, optional
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, plus more for sprinkling on brownies
Amount Per Serving
Calories 221 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 7g35%
Vitamin A 265IU5%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Photos by Molly