This healthy Grilled Eggplant with Garlic Vinaigrette is the vegetable side dish you need in your life! Tender eggplant slices are smothered in a savory garlic dressing and topped with crumbles of feta cheese.
Looking for a hearty eggplant recipe? You have to try my Sausage Stuffed Eggplant. 😍
An Easy Grilled Eggplant Recipe
This side dish has been a staple at my house for as long as I can remember. It’s my mom’s original recipe and one of my favorite veggies to make on the grill.
It’s super easy to prepare, and it tastes amazing served warm or cold. Even eggplant-haters LOVE this recipe. I think it’s the garlicky dip that draws them in.
This is also a great option to make for your vegetarian friends or family members. It can be a side dish, an appetizer, or a meal all on its own!
Sometimes, I will cut thicker eggplant slices and use them in place of a bun for a big fat cheeseburger. Low carb and happy. 😃
I love making this dish in the summer with fresh eggplants. Next time you’re planning on grilling, me thinks you should do yourself a favor and try this grilled eggplant recipe.
- Eggplants: Cut your eggplants into 1/2-inch thick slices. Try to use eggplants that are smaller in diameter.
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Lemon Juice: I highly recommend using fresh lemon juice to give your vinaigrette the best flavor.
- White Vinegar
- Minced Garlic
- Fresh Parsley: You could also use basil, mint, or any other fresh herbs you have on hand.
- Crumbled Feta Cheese (optional)
How to Grill Eggplant
- Salt Eggplant Slices: Line 2 baking sheets with paper towels. Arrange the eggplant slices on top of the paper towels and sprinkle them with salt on both sides. Let them sit for 20 minutes, or until you can see water beads on the surface of the eggplant slices.
- Prepare for Grilling: Preheat your grill, and wipe down each eggplant slice with paper towels.
- Add Oil: Brush the eggplant slices with olive oil on both sides.
- Season: Lightly season your eggplant with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Grill: Grill the eggplant for about 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until grill marks form and eggplant is tender. Remove eggplant from the grill and transfer it to a platter; set aside.
- Make Vinaigrette: In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic and chopped fresh herbs. Taste the dressing for salt and pepper, and adjust.
- Assemble: Sprinkle your eggplant slices with the prepared dressing.
- Serve: Top with feta cheese, if desired, and serve!
What to Serve with Grilled Eggplant
- Burgers: Serve this garlic eggplant with your favorite burgers! Whether it’s a classic burger, a black bean burger or anything in between, it’ll taste great with your grilled eggplant.
- Salad: This eggplant recipe also makes a lovely salad topping. When I have leftover grilled eggplant, I like to enjoy it cold with other veggies.
- Shrimp: Eggplant and seafood go very well together. Serve your eggplant with this easy Grilled Shrimp Boil! It’s a mess-free recipe that’s made in a foil packet.
- Lamb: If you’re feeling fancy, pair your grilled eggplant with my Garlic-Herb Roast Leg of Lamb.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
- Store any leftover eggplant in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will last for up to 4 days!
- You can reheat it or enjoy it straight from the fridge for a refreshing summer snack. If you choose to reheat your eggplant, do so in the oven at 350°F until warm.
More Eggplant Recipes
Tools Used in this Recipe
Grilled Eggplant with Garlic Vinaigrette
This healthy Grilled Eggplant with Garlic Vinaigrette is the vegetable side dish you need in your life! Tender eggplant slices are smothered in a savory garlic dressing and topped with crumbled feta cheese.
Course: Side Dish
Calories: 300 kcal
- 2 eggplants, cut into ½-inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, or other fresh herb of choice
- crumbled feta cheese, optional
Line 2 baking sheets with paper towels; arrange the eggplant slices on top of the paper towels and sprinkle with salt on both sides.
Let sit for 20 minutes, or until you can see water beads on the surface of the eggplant slices.
Wipe down each eggplant slice with paper towels.
Brush eggplant slices with olive oil on both sides.
Lightly season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
Grill the eggplant slices for about 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until grill marks form and eggplant is tender.
Remove from grill and transfer to a platter; set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine remaining olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, and chopped fresh herbs. Taste the dressing for salt and pepper, and adjust.
Drizzle eggplant slices with the prepared garlic dressing.
Top with feta cheese, if desired.
- Try to use eggplants that are smaller in diameter.
NET CARBS: 7 g
Grilled Eggplant with Garlic Vinaigrette
Amount Per Serving
Calories 300 Calories from Fat 243
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 4g20%
Vitamin A 137IU3%
Vitamin C 10mg12%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.