What makes oatmeal pancakes a healthy breakfast choice?
Healthy and Delicious Oatmeal Pancakes Recipe for a Perfect Breakfast
Oatmeal pancakes are a great way to start your day. They are healthy, delicious, and easy to make. They are also a great way to use up leftover oatmeal. This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, and can be made vegan by using a flax egg. So let’s get started!
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup cooked oatmeal (cooled)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any other non-dairy milk)
- 1 egg (or flax egg for vegan option)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Coconut oil for cooking
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oat flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cooked oatmeal, almond milk, egg, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Coat the surface with coconut oil.
- Ladle 1/4 cup batter onto the skillet for each pancake. Cook until the surface starts to bubble, then flip and cook until golden brown on the other side.
- Serve hot with your favorite toppings.