Perfect for an easy weeknight dinner, this honey garlic chicken breast recipe is ready to serve in just 30 minutes. This Chinese-style chicken recipe is a delicious skillet dinner that the whole family will love.
Skillet Honey Garlic Chicken Breast Recipe
Perfectly sweet and savory, this Chinese inspired dish is bursting with flavor. Seasoned with honey, garlic, lime, and soy sauce, this is a delicious dish that the whole family can enjoy, and is a great alternative to your usual takeout.
Why you’ll love this Easy Skillet Chicken recipe:
- QUICK AND EASY: This chicken breast recipe is quick to cook and prep and is ready to serve in 30 minutes.
- ONE PAN: The chicken is all cooked in one skillet on the stovetop, so even clean up is a breeze.
- FAMILY FRIENDLY: This is a great dinner recipe the whole family can enjoy. Sweet and flavorful, it’s so addictive!
When you need a delicious dinner on the table in a hurry, this checks all the right boxes. So easy and extra tasty!
How to Make Honey Garlic Chicken Breasts
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cut the chicken breasts in half and season.
- Mix together the sauce ingredients.
- Sear the chicken breasts on both sides and cook through.
- Add the sauce to the skillet and simmer until the sauce reduces.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
72+ Easy Chicken Recipes
See our Chicken Guide for ALL the best chicken recipes plus tips and tricks for juicy chicken every time.
Use a large skillet to make this recipe so that the chicken breasts aren’t over crowded. A cast iron or non stick skillet both work well.
This recipe contains soy sauce, so it isn’t gluten-free. To make it gluten-free, use tamari in place of the soy sauce.
Keep any leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Cover the chicken with foil and reheat in the oven at 360°F for 10 to 15 minutes until fully warmed through.
Yes, you can easily adapt this recipe to make it with chicken thighs. Chicken thighs will take a few extra minutes to cook through.
This honey garlic chicken is great served over white rice and topped with sesame seeds and green onion. You can also serve it with veggie sides like:
This is one delicious dish that’s a great substitute for your usual takeout. Simple, easy, and extra tasty.
- Add a little sriracha or cayenne to the sauce to make it spicier!
- Easily add vegetables like bell peppers or mushrooms to this one pan meal – soften them in the skillet when you cook the chicken.
- So the chicken breasts cook evenly and don’t burn, flip them occasionally as they cook.
Each bite of honey garlic chicken is loaded with flavor – the sticky sauce is irresistible!
These honey garlic chicken breasts are a quick and easy way to get a flavorful dinner on the table. The whole family will love this chicken recipe!
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!