Can you suggest some suitable PAA’s to pair with the Spanakopita Breakfast recipe for an authentic Greek morning experience?
Indulge in a Classic Greek Morning with this Delicious Spanakopita Breakfast Recipe
Imagine the sun rising over a beautiful Greek village, the smell of fresh bread filling the air, and the tantalizing aroma of Spanakopita wafting from every kitchen. For those who haven’t had the pleasure, Spanakopita is a traditional Greek pastry made with spinach and feta cheese, wrapped in crispy, flaky phyllo dough. It’s a hearty way to kick-start your day, and in this recipe, you will learn how to make your own homemade classic Greek Spanakopita.
- 450g of fresh spinach or 2 cups frozen spinach
- 200g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs (dill, parsley, or mint)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 pack phyllo dough
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, cooking until soft and translucent.
- Add the spinach to the pan (if you’re using fresh spinach, it will need to wilt). Season with salt and pepper and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, squeeze out any excess liquid from the spinach. Mix in the crumbled feta, chopped herbs, and beaten eggs.
- Brush a baking dish with some of the melted butter. Layer half of the phyllo sheets, brushing each one with butter as you go.
- Spread the spinach and feta mixture over the phyllo, then layer the rest of the phyllo sheets on top, again brushing each one with butter.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and crispy.
Serving warm is the best way to enjoy the Spanakopita. Relish the flaky, crunchy layers of the phyllo dough on the outside, and the creamy blend of spinach and feta on the inside.
There you have it! Your very own homemade Spanakopita to transport your breakfast experience straight to the heart of Greece. Pair it with a cup of Greek coffee or freshly squeezed orange juice to complete your Greek morning experience. Not only is this recipe flavorful, but the spinach and herbs provide a nutrient-packed start to your day. Remember, a good day starts with a good breakfast. So prepare yourself some Spanakopita, and greet the morning the Greek way!