What are the main ingredients in this Greek lunch recipe?
If you’re a fan of Greek food, you’ll love this simple and easy-to-make Greek lunch recipe that’s bursting with flavor. Whether you’re looking for a quick meal to make during the week or want to impress your friends with your culinary skills, this recipe is sure to please.
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse quinoa in a fine mesh strainer and place in a saucepan with the chicken or vegetable broth. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until quinoa is tender and the broth is absorbed.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the rest of the salad ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, tomatoes, olives, red onion, feta cheese, and parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Once the quinoa is done, add it to the bowl with the other ingredients and toss everything together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss again to coat all the ingredients.
- Serve the Greek quinoa salad immediately, garnished with additional parsley if desired.
This delicious recipe serves 4 and takes just 30 minutes to prepare. It’s perfect for lunch on its own or as a side dish to any dinner.