Irish Potato Bread
Prep Time:10 minutes Cook Time:40 minutes Total Time:50 minutes Servings: 12
A quick and easy Irish style potato bread that is super moist and tender!
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix the potatoes, butter and milk and mix into the mixture of the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Knead lightly on a floured surface for 5 minutes, form into the desired shape and place on a greased baking pan or cast iron skillet.
- Bake in a preheated 400F/200C oven until golden brown, about 30-40 minutes.
- Let cool for 20 minutes before slicing and enjoying!
Tip: 2 cups (mashed potatoes or shredded potatoes) = 1 pound.