These easy to make Jalapeno Poppers are stuffed with a savory cream cheese mixture that features bacon, sprinkled with crunchy panko breadcrumbs, and are baked to perfection in just a few minutes! Perfect for serving at parties and for game day, these bold appetizers are always a huge hit.
Baked Jalapeno Poppers
Jalapeno Poppers are the perfect appetizer for game day parties and beyond, and they’re even better when they’re oven baked!
As much as I enjoy some good fried food, I think we can all agree that baked recipes have their benefits! For starters, you don’t have to worry about the mess that oil makes or tracking the temperature of it. Plus, you won’t end up with greasy food, but you’ll still get that crunch you’re looking from here with the crispy breadcrumbs.
The stuffing in the middles of these halved Jalapeno Poppers is what really sends them straight over the top. Cream cheese is all dressed up with bacon, green onions, parmesan cheese, garlic, and just a pinch of salt and pepper. Once baked, the mixture becomes perfectly warm and creamy, the perfect contrast to the crisp pepper and crunchy breadcrumbs. Are you drooling yet?!
Why You’ll Love this Jalapeno Poppers Recipe:
- Party Appetizer: Get your party started with a finger food you know everyone will love! Jalapeno Poppers are already classic, and this recipe makes them even more crave-worthy with bacon.
- So Easy: No need to worry about making a big mess with oil here, because these are baked in the oven!
- Satisfying Bite: The crunchy panko breadcrumbs give way to a crisp, fresh jalapeno that’s stuffed with the most incredible cream cheese mixture. It’s the best bite every time!
Be ready to share this recipe, because once you serve these stuffed and baked Jalapeno Poppers at a party, everyone will be asking for it!
How to Make Jalapeno Poppers
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Slice and de-seed the peppers, then line them up on a prepared baking sheet.
- Make the cream cheese mixture by combining all of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Fill each jalapeno half with the mixture.
- Sprinkle panko all over the peppers.
Jalapeno poppers are a classic appetizer! They consist of halved jalapeño peppers filled with a rich, creamy, cheesy filling; topped with breadcrumbs; and baked to golden perfection!
Yes and no! It really depends on the peppers you get. For the most part, they are pretty mild. But occasionally you get a really hot one!
Nope! This recipe is as easy as halving the peppers, filling them, and baking them! No need to boil the peppers.
These jalapeno poppers only take 15-20 minutes to bake to golden perfection!
If you’re hosting a larger party, you may need to double or even triple this recipe as needed. These bad boys tend to go FAST! These are definitely one of our favorite appetizers for Super Bowl parties!
Make Ahead Instructions
You can stuff the jalapenos with the cream cheese mix up to a day ahead of time, store them in the refrigerator, and then just pop them into the oven when you’re ready to cook them.
Store leftover jalapeno poppers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in a 350°F oven for about 10 minutes, or until warmed through.
Freeze unbaked jalapeno poppers in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet until solid, about 1-2 hours. Transfer to an airtight container or Ziplock bag (try not to stack them) for up to 1 month. Bake directly from frozen for 25-30 minutes.
There are tons of riffs on classic jalapeno poppers. Try the following substitutions:
- Cheese: Try mozzarella, goat cheese, Colby Jack, or Monterey Jack instead of Parmesan.
- Meat: Add shredded chicken, ground beef, crab meat, or crumbled sausage instead of bacon.
- Veggies: Add chopped bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, or broccoli.
- Breadcrumbs: Try regular or Italian breadcrumbs instead of Panko, or swap half of the Panko for Parmesan cheese.
Tips for the Best Jalapeno Poppers
- Make sure to wear gloves while cutting jalapeño peppers. The peppers can burn your hands, eyes, nose, and mouth!
- Grate the Parmesan cheese finely so that it incorporates uniformly into the cream cheese.
- Don’t skip the olive oil drizzle; otherwise, your poppers may not brown.
- For extra crispy jalapeno poppers, set them under the broiler for a few minutes at the end of the bake time.
- Serve jalapeno poppers with a creamy, cooling dipping sauce to help with the heat!
Finger foods are always the perfect appetizer to serve when hosting a game day party, or any other kind of fun, laid back event! These cream cheese and bacon stuffed Jalapeno Poppers are unforgettably good, but still so casual and fun.
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.