Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp is the most easiest and flavour packed shrimp! With the best flavour combination and ready in under 15 minutes, this easy to throw together meal can be served over anything!
A huge bowl of this Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp can always be found at our dinner table just before midnight to ring in the new year. Stir a handful of angel hair pasta through the lemony, garlicky, buttery sauce for a beautiful end of year celebration dinner.
Buy shrimp (or prawns), already deveined, shelled and cleaned, and you have yourself such an easy recipe. Use fresh lemon juice (not the store bought stuff, please for the love of freshness), and use fresh garlic if possible. Those two elements — although rather obvious — are the key to this recipe creating fireworks in your mouth.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp
Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp is packed full of flavour and ready on your table in under 10 minutes!
Author: Karina – Cafe Delites
- ⅓ cup butter, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tablespoon)
- 1¾ pounds | 800 grams shrimp (or prawns), peeled and deveined, tails intact
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Juice of half a lemon (about 2 tablespoons — add more if desired)
- 2 tablespoons water
- Fresh chopped parsley, to garnish
- Melt 2 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant (about 1 minute). Fry shrimp and add salt and pepper, to your taste. Cook 2 minutes on one side, while stirring occasionally; then flip and cook 2 minutes on the other side, until JUST beginning to turn nice and pink.
- Add in the remaining butter, lemon juice and water. Cook, while stirring, until the butter melts and the shrimp have cooked through (do not over cook them). Take off heat. Taste test, and add more lemon juice, salt or pepper, if needed to suit YOUR tastes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve over rice or pasta.
© 2016, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.