What are the essential ingredients for making a delicious breakfast quiche?
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so why not start it off on the right foot with a delicious breakfast quiche? Not only is this dish packed with protein and healthy veggies, but it’s also super versatile and easy to customize to your liking. Whether you prefer a classic quiche Lorraine or a veggie-packed broccoli and cheddar quiche, this recipe will provide you with everything you need to get your morning started on the right foot.
- 1 premade pie crust
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk or cream
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (cheddar, feta, or Parmesan all work well)
- 1/2 cup cooked meat (ham, bacon, or sausage all work well)
- 1 cup chopped veggies (spinach, broccoli, bell peppers, onions, etc.)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Unroll the premade pie crust and press it into a 9-inch pie dish. Use a fork to prick the bottom of the crust a few times.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, milk or cream, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Add the cheese, cooked meat, and chopped veggies to the bowl and mix well.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie crust and smooth it out with a spatula.
- Bake the quiche in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the filling is set and the crust is golden brown.
- Let the quiche cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
This quiche recipe is super versatile, so feel free to mix and match the ingredients to create your perfect breakfast dish. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Quiche Lorraine: Use bacon and Swiss cheese as your filling.
- Vegetarian: Skip the meat and add more veggies, like mushrooms and zucchini.
- Mediterranean: Use feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and olives as your filling.
- Mexican: Use chorizo sausage, jalapenos, and pepper jack cheese as your filling.
Whether you’re a meat lover or a veggie fan, this breakfast quiche recipe is sure to satisfy your morning cravings. Experiment with different fillings, add your own spices, and make it your own. With a bit of prep work and some time in the oven, you’ll have a delicious, hearty breakfast that will keep you going all morning long.