Balsamic chicken is one of the simplest and most delicious baked chicken recipes out there. It’s healthy, easy, and full of flavor! This lemon honey balsamic chicken recipe definitely needs to be on your weeknight dinner list. Baked balsamic chicken breast with some added lemon and honey flavors for something slightly sweet and super good!
Balsamic Chicken Recipe
This Lemon Honey Balsamic Chicken Breast recipe has the perfect mix of flavors. It’s a little bit sweet, a little bit zesty, and a little bit tart. But when everything is combined, it just tastes GOOD.
This baked balsamic chicken recipe is an easy weeknight dinner you can feel good about eating. Serve it with salad, veggies, rice, or potatoes.
Baked Balsamic Chicken Breast
This baked balsamic chicken recipe is a combination of a lot of different inspirations. From lemon chicken recipes to this lemon balsamic vinegar I found at a shop, this Lemon Honey Balsamic Chicken Breast just seemed like it was meant to be!
I absolutely love baked chicken, so finding new flavors to add to it is always a win in my book. And this flavor combo is DEFINITELY a win!
Lemon Balsamic Glaze for Chicken
Lemon, honey, and balsamic vinegar equals one delicious chicken glaze! This lemon balsamic vinegar chicken would be nothing without that glaze. I just love how it bakes into the chicken breast to really give it flavor. Yum!
What’s in the glaze?
- Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- Lemon Zest
- Salt & Pepper
Like I said, this recipe was partially inspired by that vinegar I found (fate), but if you don’t have it, you can still make this recipe. There is an alternative ingredients list if you need it!
- Regular Balsamic Vinegar
- Lemon Juice
- Lemon Zest
- Salt & Pepper
So basically the same either way, but you can make your own lemon balsamic vinegar if you need to! The process is the same with either ingredient list.
How to Make Lemon Honey Balsamic Chicken
This baked balsamic chicken recipe doesn’t take much work! Start by making the balsamic glaze for the chicken, and then bake it…done!
To make the glaze:
- Pour honey into a saucepan and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add in the lemon balsamic vinegar (or lemon juice and balsamic vinegar), lemon zest, and salt & pepper. Whisk it all together and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Boil about 10-15 minutes, whisking often, until the glaze has reduced.
- Remove it from heat, and then you can reheat it just before using it on the chicken.
To make the balsamic vinegar chicken:
- Pat chicken breasts dry, then place them on a baking sheet, brush with olive oil, and season with salt & pepper.
- Cook the chicken in the oven for 15 minutes at 400°F.
- Now brush both sides of the chicken with the balsamic glaze, and bake the chicken for another 10-15 minutes. (Brush the balsamic glaze over the chicken every 5 minutes)
- When done baking, remove the chicken from the oven, place it on a plate, cover it loosely, and let it rest.
This chicken comes out so moist and flavorful, you’ll just love it! Be sure to check the recipe card for more detailed instructions.
Best Baked Chicken Recipes
After trying out this baked balsamic chicken breast, make sure you try out all of our favorite baked chicken recipes! We’ve got tons of them, and they’re all SO good. You can check our Baked Chicken Guide for all the recipes, but here are some favorites.
Baked Chicken Parmesan Recipe (Easy Chicken Parmesan)
Ranch Baked Chicken with Bacon (Bacon Ranch Chicken)
Southwest Chicken Bake (Creamy Enchilada Baked Chicken)
Baked Chicken Tacos Recipe (Best Easy Tacos!)
I can’t wait for you to try this Lemon Honey Balsamic Chicken recipe. It’s just so good!
See the recipe card below for details on how to make balsamic chicken breast. Enjoy!
Looking for some side dishes to serve with this balsamic chicken?
This post was originally published in 2014. Pictures taken by the amazing Erin Jensen.