Miso Chili Oil
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 15 minutes Servings: 48
A tasty chili oil with crispy chili flakes, miso paste and sesame seeds!
- 1 cup neutral oil (such as grapeseed oil or vegetable oil)
- 3 tablespoons gochugaru (Korean chili pepper flakes)
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan until it reaches 325F/170C.
- Place the gochugaru and red pepper flakes in a heat safe bowl and pour the oil over it.
- When the red pepper flakes stop sizzling, mix in the sesame seeds and garlic.
- When the mixture cools down to room temperature, mix in the soy sauce, miso paste and sesame oil.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge, mix before using.
Note: The temperature that the oil needs to be can be different depending on the moisture content of the chili pepper flakes. Test pouring some of the oil over some of the red pepper flakes and make sure that it sizzles without smelling burnt. If you do smell burning, let the oil cool a bit before pouring all of the oil over the pepper flakes.
Note: The miso chili oil will store in the fridge for a couple of weeks.