Monster Cookie Energy Balls- easy, no-bake protein balls that will remind you of your favorite monster cookies! They only take 10 minutes to make and are the perfect grab and go snack!
I also love Monster Cookie Energy Balls. These easy no-bake protein balls taste just like monster cookies, but are a healthy little treat. They only take 10 minutes to make and are the perfect bite size snack.
The ingredients are simple and the balls are so colorful and fun! Kids and adults go crazy for these healthy bites. I always tell the boys I am making them energy balls, but I think I eat as many as they do, ha!
I eat one almost every day after lunch, when I need a little sweet pick me up! They are also good for breakfast on the go, after a workout, a quick snack, or late night dessert.
You can also pack them up and take them on hikes, picnics, or road trips!
The next time you are craving something sweet, make Monster Cookie Energy Balls. They always hit the spot.
Protein Ball Ingredients
The ingredients are simple, fun, and will remind you of your favorite monster cookies.
- Peanut butter– Make sure you use a creamy, drippy peanut butter. I like natural peanut butter, just peanuts and salt. Stir it really well before measuring.
- Honey– to sweeten things up a bit and to help the mixture stick together.
- Vanilla extract– a splash!
- Oats– I use old fashioned oats, but quick oats will work too.
- Protein powder– I add a scoop of protein powder for an extra boost of protein. Clean Simple Eats is my favorite brand (use TWOPEAS code for a discount). I use their vanilla or chocolate peanut butter in this recipe. Of course, you can use your favorite brand.
- Flaky sea salt– I love adding sea salt to my cookies and energy balls! The sweet and salty combo is so good!
- Mini chocolate chips & Mini M&M’s– I prefer miniature chocolate chips and M&M’s for the protein balls, but if you can’t find them, regular size will work!
How to Make Monster Cookie Energy Balls
You only need 10 minutes! These are the easiest and most delicious snack ever!
- In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, honey, and vanilla extract. Stir with a spatula until smooth.
- Add the oats, protein powder, and sea salt; stir until well combined. If the mixture is a little dry, you can add 1 to 2 teaspoons of water. The texture will vary depending on the peanut butter and protein powder you use. If you want to leave the protein powder out, you can, just add a little more oats. Or you can add a couple of tablespoons of flax seed meal.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and M&M’s. Go ahead and sample the mixture, I know you want to. Yeah, SO GOOD!
- Roll the mixture into small balls, about 1 tablespoon per ball. You can use a cookie scoop to form the balls, easy peasy!
- Top the energy bites with a little flaky sea salt, if desired.
- Just a heads up, you might want to double the recipe because they are so delicious. You can use a stand mixer if you want to make the mixing a little easier.
How to Store
Place the energy balls in an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
You can also freeze the balls for up to 2 months. To freeze, place balls on a baking sheet or platter and freeze for 30 minutes or until solid. Remove from the freezer and place in freezer bag or freezer container.
To serve, you can let them thaw at room temperature for 20 minutes or eat straight from the freezer. They are just as good frozen:)
I love having a stash in the fridge or freezer at ALL times!
More Energy Ball Recipes
Monster Cookie Energy Balls
Easy, no-bake protein balls that will remind you of your favorite monster cookies! They only take 10 minutes to make and are the perfect grab and go snack!
In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, honey, and vanilla extract. Stir with a spatula until smooth.
Add the oats, protein powder, and sea salt; stir until well combined. If the mixture is a little dry, you can add 1 to 2 teaspoons of water. Stir in the chocolate chips and M&M’s.
Roll the mixture into small balls, about 1 tablespoon per ball. You can also use a cookie scoop to form the balls.
You can sprinkle the tops with a little flaky sea salt, if desired. Place in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
I use Clean Simple Eats protein powder. The vanilla or chocolate peanut butter protein work great in this recipe. You can use your favorite band.
If you can’t find mini M&M’s or mini chocolate chips, you can use regular.
You can easily double this recipe!
Calories: 142kcal, Carbohydrates: 15g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 1mg, Sodium: 89mg, Potassium: 103mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 9g, Vitamin A: 13IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 15mg, Iron: 1mg
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod