Orange Chocolate Spritz Cookies-buttery spritz cookies with a hint of orange and a drizzle of chocolate. These festive cookies are perfect for the holiday season.
This post is sponsored by Land O’Lakes.
Spritz cookies are a classic holiday cookie. I have been making them for years. This year, I put a little twist on the classic and made Orange Chocolate Spritz Cookies and I think they will have to be on our holiday baking list from now on. The orange and chocolate combo is delightful and perfect for the holiday season.
Spritz cookie dough is super basic and when I say basic I mean GOOD. The base starts with lots of Land O Lakes® BUTTER and you know that means good things are to come. You can’t go wrong with lots of butter during the holiday season. You should see our fridge, I think we have fourteen pounds of Land O Lakes® BUTTER in there right now. I am ready to bake ALL the cookies!
I use unsalted butter for baking and for this recipe so I can control the amount of salt in the recipe. The pure, buttery taste is perfection!
I added in a little orange zest to the dough to give it that special citrus kick.
To make the spritz cookies in festive shapes, you need a cookie press. I went with a tree shape, but you can make the cookies into whatever shape you want. There are lots of fun shapes to choose from.
When the cookies were completely cooled, I melted chocolate chips and called in the boys to help me drizzle the chocolate over the cookies. They had so much fun. Some of the trees got drenched in chocolate, but you can never have too much chocolate, right?
The boys loved being my little taste testers. The spritz cookies have a sweet and buttery flavor with a texture that is tender crisp. And the orange and chocolate was the perfect addition to these classic cookies. The boys loved them!
Orange Chocolate Spritz Cookies are fun to make and fun to eat. Add them to your baking list now! Enjoy!
Orange Chocolate Spritz Cookies
Buttery spritz cookies with a hint of orange and a drizzle of chocolate. These festive cookies are perfect for the holiday season.
Yield: About 4 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 45 minutes (includes chill time)
Cook Time: 8 minutes
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup Land O Lakes® Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and orange zest. Rub together with your fingers until fragrant. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar mixture until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until combined. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Scrape some of the dough into your cookie press that has been fitted with a decorative plate, following manufacturer’s instructions. I used a tree shape. Hold the cookie press perpendicular to the prepared baking sheet, with the tip almost touching the sheet, and squeeze the trigger. Continue to press out the cookies, spacing about 1 inch apart.
- Bake cookies for about 8 minutes or just until the edges are barely tinged with brown. Remove from the oven and gently transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth. Place the cookies on parchment paper and drizzle lightly with melted chocolate. Let the cookies set until chocolate hardens.
Note-the cookies will keep in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!