Ingredients: 1 recipe pie dough,4 large peaches, thinly sliced,1/2 cup sugar,2 tablespoons all-purpose flour,1 tablespoon butter,1 whole egg, beaten,Ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Set the uncooked pie dough onto the baking sheet.
- Mix peaches, sugar, and flour together in a bowl.
- Pour fruit mixture into the center of the pastry round, leaving about 2 1/2 inches around the edge.
- Fold up the edge of the pastry dough over the filling to make a rim. Fan the edge as you go around folding the dough.
- Brush pastry with the beaten egg and place the pat of butter on top of the fruit mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Cool the crostata on a rack.