Pear Prosciutto and Blue Cheese Pizza
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 50 minutes Total Time: 1 hour Servings: 4
A fall pizza with sweet pear and caramelized onions along with salty prosciutto and tangy blue cheese!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 pizza dough
- 1 teaspoon oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 slices prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe pear, thinly sliced
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, add the onions and cook, stirring constantly, until the onions are caramelized and golden, about 30-40 minutes, before setting aside.
- Spread the dough out on a baking sheet, brush the oil over the dough, sprinkle on the salt, pepper, mozzarella, blue cheese, caramelized onions, prosciutto and pear.
- Bake in a preheated 500F/260C oven until the cheese has melted and the crust is crispy and golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Tip: If the pan starts to collect a lot of brown bits on the bottom when cooking the onion, add a few tablespoons of water and scrape them up off of the pan so that they do not burn.
Tip: Caramelize the onions a say ahead of time!
Option: Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme, sage, or rosemary on the oil on the pizza crust along with the salt and pepper.
Option: Replace the prosciutto with cooked bacon.
Option: Top the pizza with fresh baby arugula before serving!