Tuscan Baked Chicken
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes Servings: 4
A quick and easy Mediterranean style baked chicken dish with spinach, artichoke hearts and sundried tomatoes.
- 10 ounces spinach or baby spinach
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 1 pinch oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, quartered or chopped
- 2 ounces sun dried tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan cheese), grated
- Place half of the spinach on the bottom of a large baking dish, top with the chicken seasoned with oregano, salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle on the artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, the remaining spinach, mozzarella, and parmesan.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the chicken is cooked through, about 20-30 minutes.
Option: Add sliced olives!
Option: Add sliced red onions.
Option: Add fata!