Ingredients: 2 teaspoons baking soda,1/2 cup brown sugar,1/2 cup brown sugar,¼ cup flax seed,1 tablespoon Ground Cinnamon,Maple syrup,2 cups non-fat milk, with 1 Tbsp. lemon juice,1/4 cup pecans,1/2 cup raisins,1 teaspoon sea salt,2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the milk & lemon mixture, brown sugar and honey and stir a few strokes.
- Add the raisins, nuts, flax seed and cinnamon and stir just until blended.
- Pour the batter into two 99 cakepans or 4 small loaf pans that have been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden and springy to the touch.
- Remove from the pans and cool on a wire rack.Allow the loaves to cool completely, then freeze for 45 minutes to 1 hour. This will help you slice the loaves very thinly. Slice as thin as you can and place the slices in a single layer on a sheet pan that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 300F for about 15 minutes, then flip them over and bake the slices for another 10 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Let crisps cool for about 10 minutes, if not super crispy, return to oven for another 5-7 minutes. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.Makes about 4 dozen long thin crisps (made in the 99 pans) or 6 dozen square crisps (made in the small loaf pans).Makes 91 Crisps:Calories per crisp: 24, Fat: .07, Cholesterol: .1, Sodium: 31, Potassium: 13, Carbs: 4, Fiber: .06, Sugar: 1.7, Protein: .07