Ingredients: 4 oz penne rigate (can use pasta),2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1/2 lb),5-6 sliced white mushrooms,5-6 sliced white mushrooms,2 tbsp olive oil,2 tbsp blue cheese (can use Gorgonzola cheese),3 tbsp pesto sauce,1/2 cup heavy cream,1/2 tsp salt,1/4 tsp black pepper,2 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese,fresh basil leaves for garnishing,fresh basil leaves for garnishing
- Boil pasta in salted water according to directions on the package.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Cut chicken into small pieces, season with salt and pepper and cook in olive oil over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, until the outside appears cooked.
- Add mushrooms and cook for another 4-5 minutes, so they release water.
- Add pesto sauce and stir until evenly distributed. Continue cooking for another 2 minutes on medium.
- Add heavy cream, stir and then add blue cheese. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring frequently. The sauce should thicken and get creamy.
- Add cooked and drained pasta to the sauce and stir to evenly distribute the sauce.
- Serve with shredded parmesan cheese on top.