Pesto Chicken Salad Sandwich
Prep Time:10 minutes Total Time:10 minutes Servings: 4
Fresh basil pesto chicken salad in sandwiches with field ripened tomatoes and buffalo mozzarella! Summers bounty in a bun!
- 1 pound chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh basil pesto
- 4 buns (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Assemble the sandwiches and enjoy!
Option: Mix 1 clove minced garlic into 1 tablespoon melted butter along with 1 teaspoon chopped parsley and brush it onto the buns.
Option: Place the sandwiches under the broiler (or in the grill) briefly to melt the cheese!