Pickled Red Onions
Prep Time:10 minutes Total Time:10 minutes Servings: 8
Quick and easy homemade pickled red onions! Perfect for sandwiches, tacos, or all by themselves!
- 1/2 cup vinegar (cider, red or white wine, balsamic, etc.)
- 1 cup water, warm
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or honey, agave, etc.)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large red onion, peeled, sliced and divided
- Mix the vinegar, water, sugar, and salt until the sugar and salt dissolve completely.
- Place the onions in a jar (or other container) and pour the vinegar mixture over and seal/cover. (The onions should be covered in liquid.)
- Store in the fridge until ready to use.
Option: Add red pepper flakes for spicy pickled red onions!
Option: Add extra spiced like whole black peppercorns, and/or cumin, bay leaves, garlic, thyme, rosemary, cinnamon, cloves, etc.