Ingredients: 1/2 cup brown sugar,1/2 cup brown sugar,100 ml heavy cream,4 teaspoons light rum,4 teaspoons light rum,800 grams (28 oz) cubed pumpkin (hard outer parts should be taken out by a knife at first and,1/2 teaspoon sea salt,2 tablespoons simple syrup,150 grams (5.25 oz) sugar,2 tablespoons unsalted butter,1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For pumpkin dessert
- Transfer cubed pumpkins into a large saucepan and pour the sugar all over.
- Add two cloves to the saucepan (this step is optional)
- Place the saucepan on low heat and close its lid.At the end of every 5 minutes shake the saucepan to blend pumpkins with melting sugar, if you prefer to use a wooden spoon be very gentle not to smash them.Cook until the pumpkins are tender then set aside to cool down.For butterscotch-rum sauce
- Put the butter in a heavy bottomed stainless steel saucepan and melt it over medium heat.
- Add brown sugar and stir with a spoon until the sugar looks like wet sand.
- Combine the sugar beet/cane syrup and stir frequently till the caramelizing brown sugar looks more like a boiling viscous liquid (takes 4-5 minutes)
- Add all the cream and lower heat, stir continuously with a whisk until they are well blended.Increase the heat to medium and cook until the liquid starts boiling while stirring frequently. This will take around 10 minutes. Keep the sauce on the heat for an additional 2 minutes after it starts boiling.
- Remove from heat. When the sauce gets warm add rum, vanilla extract and salt, whisk well. Taste the sauce and add more salt or vanilla extract according to your preference.Fix pumpkin cubes on skewers and serve with a small bowl of butterscotch sauce and a few walnuts on the plate.