This delicious homemade pumpkin pie spice recipe is quick and easy to make with just 5 ingredients, and perfect for adding to all of your favorite pumpkin spice recipes.
Do you have a jar of pumpkin pie spice ready to go for the season?
If not, let’s make a quick batch! ♡
All you need are 5 easy ingredients to make your own homemade pumpkin spice blend — ground cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and cloves. Then just stir the spices all together, pop them in a sealed spice jar, and you’ll be all set to go whenever a recipe calls for pumpkin spice!
As I’m sure you well know, there are countless ways to put pumpkin pie spice to use. From pumpkin spice lattes to pumpkin cream cold brew, my favorite healthy pumpkin muffins, pumpkin bars, pumpkin cakes, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin granola, and of course, pumpkin pie — this classic blend of warming spices adds the essential “spice” to all things pumpkin spice that we love this time of year. And always tastes so delicious.
So the next time you find yourself in need of pumpkin pie spice for your next recipe, here’s my go-to recipe for how to make a quick jar yourself!
Pumpkin Pie Spice Ingredients:
So exactly what is in pumpkin pie spice? A combination of 5 simple warming spices, including:
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground ginger
- Ground nutmeg
- Ground allspice
- Ground cloves
How To Make Pumpkin Pie Spice:
To make this pumpkin pie spice recipe, simply…
- Combine. Measure all of your ingredients out in a small bowl (or add them directly to your spice jar). Give them a good stir (or shake) until evenly combined.
- Store. Then store in a sealed container until ready to use. A batch of this pumpkin pie spice recipe should keep well for about 2 years in a sealed container.
Ways To Use Pumpkin Pie Spice:
Looking for some tasty ways to put your fresh batch of pumpkin pie spice to use? Here are a few of my faves:
Yield: 1/2 cup
Pumpkin Pie Spice
This delicious homemade pumpkin pie spice recipe is quick and easy to make with just 5 ingredients, perfect for adding to all of your favorite pumpkin spice recipes this season!
- 1/4 cup ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl until combined.
- Transfer to a sealed spice jar, where the pumpkin spice will keep for up to 2 years.
Difficulty: EasyCategory: Quick
All images and text ©
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #gimmesomeoven. I’d love to see what you cook!