Ingredients: 115 grams (4 oz or a bit less than 1 cup) all-purpose flour,25 grams (2 tbsp) sugar,3/4 teaspoon baking powder,1 pinch baking soda,1 pinch salt,70 grams (3 oz) whole milk ricotta cheese,30 grams (2 tbsp) butter, chilled and cut into small pieces,60 milliliters (2 fl oz or ¼ cup) buttermilk,2 milliliters (¼) tsp vanilla extract,40 grams (1.3 oz or ¼ cup) chocolate chips,milk to brush and brown sugar to top,milk to brush and brown sugar to top
- Preheat the oven to 400F degress. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, the sugar, the baking powder, the baking soda and the salt.
- Cut in the ricotta and butter and lightly work with your fingers until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Gently stir in the buttermilk, the vanilla extract and the chocolate chips.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface. Knead gently for 1 2 minutes, the dough should hold together but be a bit crumbly.
- Place the dough on the prepared baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Pat the dough into a 3/4-inch-thick circle.
- Cut the dough into 4 wedges without separating them. Use a pastry brush to brush the surface of the dough with milk and then sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let them cool on a cooling rack.