I have got the most perfect potato side dish for you to try! Roasted red potatoes are cooked with bacon and onion for a side full of flavor. Easy to make and perfect to serve for Thanksgiving and the holidays.
Holiday Side Dish Recipe
Cooked with bacon, onions, garlic and herbs they are super flavorful and will work well with all of your favorite mains. And remember, you don’t have to wait for a special occasion to enjoy these as they are super easy to make!
Why you will love these roasted red potatoes!
- 5 ingredients: Just a few simple ingredients and you have a really tasty recipe on your hands!
- Easy: These roasted potatoes are super quick and easy to prep and you can even make them ahead of time to save you a little stress!
- Delicious! These potatoes come out super crispy on the outside and are soft and fluffy in the middle. The onions and bacon add sweet and salty flavors and they are so addictive!
How to make roasted red potatoes
- Cook the bacon on a baking sheet in a pre-heated oven until crisp.
- Remove the bacon and toss the potatoes, garlic and onion in the bacon fat.
- Season with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Roast until the potatoes are tender and caramelized.
- Garnish with the crumbled bacon and serve.
Can you make them ahead of time?
Roasted potatoes are a great make ahead dish if you are planning to serve these as part of a big feast. They can easily be made the day before and then just heated through in the oven before serving.
If making ahead of time, let the potatoes cool completely before before covering and refrigerating. Leftovers will keep well for around 4 days.
What do you serve them with?
These roasted red potatoes are perfect to serve with you holiday dinners and work great with roasted meats and fish. Try them with:
Pair these potatoes with:
What are the best potatoes to use?
I used red bliss potatoes for this recipe, the skin gets really nice and crispy and the potatoes are fluffy in the middle. You can also make these with a white potato like Yukon Gold if you prefer.
All the Holiday Sides
60+ Thanksgiving Side Dishes
See our Holiday Side Dish Guide to plan your Thanksgiving or Christmas feast!
- Make these potatoes vegetarian by omitting the bacon and tossing the potatoes in 2 tablespoons of olive, vegetable or canola oil.
- Cut the potatoes into similar thickness so that they cook through evenly.
- Shake the pan during cooking so that the potatoes get crispy all over.
More Potato Side Dishes
These Roasted Red Potatoes are the ultimate easy side dish, but here are some more potato recipes to try!