Ingredients: 1/4 cup bread crumbs (more or less),2 inches ginger, grated,2 green chilis,1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds,olive oil to pan fry,1 onion medium size, finely chopped,2 cups raw papaya,peeled and grated,4 medium size potatoes, peeled and grated,1/2 of a medium size red chilli, cut into rounds,1/4 teaspoon pepper powder (more or less),salt to taste,1 teaspoon sunflower oil,1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- Heat oil in a pan, add the mustard seeds, when they begin to splutter, add the chillies and turmeric powder.
- Add the grated papaya and salt and cook for a couple of minutes and keep it aside.Squeeze out the excess water from the grated potatoes.
- Place the grated potatoes, onions, bread crumbs, ginger, pepper powder and salt in a bowl and mix well.Take a little portion of the potato mixture, make a ball and gently flatten it.
- Sprinkle a few drops of oil on a non stick pan and pan fry the rsti on a low flame till both the sides are evenly golden.
- Place the rosti on a serving dish, top it with the papya salad, garnish it with the chillies and serve.