Salsa Verde Chicken Enchilada Skillet
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4
A quick and easy deconstructed skillet version of salsa verde chicken enchiladas!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped (optional)
- 2 cups salsa verde
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 pound chicken, cooked and sliced or shredded
- 1 cup corn (fresh or frozen)
- 6 ounces tortillas, sliced (corn or gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 green onions, sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large oven safe skillet/pan over medium-high heat, add the onion and zucchini and cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the cumin and garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the salsa verde and mix in the sour cream followed by chicken, corn and tortillas.
- Bring to a simmer and turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle on the cheese and transfer to the oven to broil until the cheese has melted, about a minute.
- Garnish with green onions and cilantro and enjoy!
Option: Garnish with sliced avocado, more sour cream, etc!
Option: Replace the tortillas with tortellini or cooked pasta!