This delicious skillet creamed corn is such a tasty side dish that’s ready to serve in 20 minutes. Made with simple ingredients, it’s a great addition to any Thanksgiving or holiday table.
Creamed corn is one of my favorite sides at Thanksgiving, in fact, I’ll have it all year round! It’s creamy, savory with just a hint of natural sweetness and I can not get enough of it!
It’s perfect to serve with all of your holiday mains and it’s always a crowd pleaser!
Why you will love this skillet creamed corn recipe!
- Quick and easy: This dish is ready to serve in about 20 minutes and made using simple, everyday ingredients.
- One dish: This side comes together all in one skillet to make clean up a breeze.
- Make ahead: If you are planning to serve this as part of a bigger feast, this is a great make ahead option.
How to make skillet creamed corn
Be sure to scroll down for the full recipe!
- Cook the bacon in the skillet and remove from the pan.
- Sauté the onion and garlic.
- Stir in the corn.
- Stir in the flour.
- Slowly add the half-and-half.
- Add the seasonings and let the corn thicken.
- Stir in the basil and butter, top with bacon and serve.
All the Holiday Sides
50+ Christmas Side Dishes
Check out our guide for holiday cooking with over 50 Christmas side dish recipes
Can you make it ahead of time?
This is super delicious when it’s served as soon as it’s made, but if you are planning to serve it as part of a larger menu, you can make this creamed corn the day before.
Let it cool to room temperature and then place it in an airtight container in the fridge. You can then reheat it on the stovetop to serve.
Can you use frozen or canned corn?
If you can, use fresh corn for the best tasting skillet creamed corn, but frozen corn will work well too. You don’t need to defrost it before adding to the skillet, but it may take an extra couple of minutes of cooking time.
If you can, avoid canned corn, but you can use it in a pinch. Just drain it well before adding it to the skillet.
What do you serve it with?
This creamed corn is a great side to serve with your favorite roasted meats. It’s perfect for any holiday table. Try pairing it with:
- Make it vegetarian by omitting the bacon and using cooking oil to sauté.
- Make it gluten-free by using a 1:1 GF flour.
- Before serving, taste the skillet creamed corn for seasoning and adjust if needed to suit your tastes.
More Holiday Sides
If you love this creamed corn recipe below, be sure to check out more of our fave holiday side dishes.