Ingredients: 2 tablespoons melted butter,1 3/4 packages (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature,3 large eggs,1 1/4 cups graham crackers crumbs,3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided, plus additional for coating ramekins,1 teaspoon ground cinnamon,1/8 teaspoon ground cloves,1/4 teaspoon ground ginger,½ cup heavy cream,1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg,1 cup pumpkin puree,1/4 teaspoon salt,1 cup sugar,1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine butter, granulated sugar, ginger, cinnamon and cloves in a bowl. Stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Add graham cracker crumbs and toss in the spiced butter mixture.
- Transfer the crumbs to the springform pan and press firmly into an even layer on the bottom of the pan. (I used a measuring cup)
- Bake until browned at the edges for about 15 minutes at 350F. Set aside and allow to cool. Wrap the outside 9-inch springform pan tightly with two pieces of foil.PUMPKIN FILLING:Preheat the oven to 325 F and place an oven rack in the lower-middle position.
- Combine the sugar, spices and salt in a small bowl; whisk to blend and set aside.In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed until smooth and softened, about 1 minute.
- Add about a third of the sugar-spice mixture to the bowl and beat at medium-low speed until incorporated, about 1 minute. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed and repeat, adding the remaining sugar mixture in two additions.
- Add the pumpkin puree and vanilla; beat at medium speed until blended, about 45 seconds.
- Add 3 of the eggs and mix on medium-low until incorporated; repeat with the remaining two eggs.
- Add the heavy cream and beat at low speed until combined, about 45 seconds. Use a rubber spatula to give the mixture a final stir by hand.
- Pour the filling into the springform pan, over the crust. Smooth the top.
- Put the springform with the covered bottom into a larger roasting pan.
- Pour enough simmering water into the roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake until the cake is slightly wobbly when the pan is shaken.Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 4 hours and up to 3 days.