Healthy Baked Oatmeal with banana, strawberries and chocolate chips — great for serving during the holidays or to meal prep for breakfast throughout the week. Simply reheat and enjoy! Recipe made in partnership with Almond Breeze almondmilk.
Happy holidays friends! Currently I’m on my honeymoon in one of my favorite places on earth: Australia! We left on the 16th and arrive on the morning of the 18th in Sydney. LONGEST FLIGHT EVER but worth it.
Our travel plans consist of Sydney, Brisbane, Cairns, Daintree rainforest, wineries, Byron Bay and a few other stops along the way — we certainly have an amazing two week itinerary here before we leave for Hawaii for another week. We’re thrilled to be able to spend this time together as newlyweds and I can’t wait to share all of the details with you. And of course, all of our wedding photos!
Before you all head off to be with your loved ones over the holidays, I wanted to share a delicious healthy baked oatmeal recipe with you that I’ve been making various versions for YEARS I’m a little ashamed of myself for not sharing it until now, but here it is in all its glory:
STRAWBERRY BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP BAKED OATMEAL
Just imagine a combination of chocolate covered strawberries and creamy sweet bananas together in oatmeal.
I used Almond Breeze almondmilk in this recipe to keep it dairy free and give the oatmeal a nice creamy texture. The unsweetened vanilla version is my favorite because there isn’t any added sugar yet it still has wonderful flavor thanks to a hint of vanilla. The coconut almond version is also incredible.
WAYS TO ENJOY THIS BAKED OATMEAL
- FOR BRUNCHIN’: This is the perfect recipe to make when you have family or friends over for a brunch. Try drizzling almond butter over it before serving.
- FOR MEAL PREP: If you’re looking to shift your eating habits in the New Year, this recipe is a stellar choice. It’s satisfying, nutritious, packed with fiber and still sweet enough to feel like you’re treating yourself.
- ON THE GO: Once it’s done baking, cut into smaller squares and take it to go as ‘healthy oatmeal bars’. It’s a great pre-workout snack to boost your energy.
If you make this delicious baked oatmeal recipe, let me know by leaving a comment below and rating the recipe. I know you guys are going to love how simple & delicious this recipe is!
As always, if you’re on Instagram, be sure to snap a photo and tag #ambitiouskitchen with your creations! I can’t wait to see. Xoxo!
Strawberry Banana Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
Author: Monique of AmbitiousKitchen.com
- Serving size: 1/9 of recipe
- Calories: 195.1
- Fat: 8.0
- Saturated fat: 3.3
- Carbohydrates: 27.4
- Sugar: 9.6
- Fiber: 4.1
- Protein: 5.3
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups Almond Breeze unsweetened vanilla almondmilk
- 2 tablespoons melted and cooled coconut oil, melted butter or melted ghee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups old fashioned rolled oats, gluten free if desired
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup diced strawberries
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips, dairy free if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×9 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together mashed banana, eggs, Almond Breeze almondmilk, coconut oil and vanilla until mostly smooth. Next add in rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt until well combined. Finally gently fold in strawberries and chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 25-35 minutes until edges start to become slightly golden brown. Serve warm with a tablespoon of almond butter.
To meal prep: Wait until oatmeal cools down, then cut into 9 squares and put into meal prep containers with a tablespoon of almond butter butter on top.
This recipe is in partnership with Almond Breeze almondmilk, a brand I’ve worked with for years. Thanks for supporting the brands that help make AK possible!