Ingredients: 1 small apple,1 small carrot,2 delicata squash,dried cranberries,2 green onions,olive oil,parsley,1/3 cup pearl barley,pine nuts,salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 35
- Cut the squashes lengthwise and seed them.
- Brush the squash with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the squash cut side down on a baking sheet and roast for about 45 minutes.Meanwhile, in a small saucepan heat a little olive oil and fry the barley for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 2/3 cup water, salt and pepper. Cover and cook over low heat until all the water is absorbed and the grains are tender. Leave it to cool slightly in the pan.Toast the pine nuts, dice the carrot and apple, chop and onion and parsley and mix them all.
- Add your favorite dressing (in my case lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil) and toss well.
- Add the cooled barley to the salad and mix.When the squashes are cooked fill them with barley salad.