Ingredients: 1 tsp baking powder,1 tsp baking soda,¼ cup fresh mixed herbs (rosemary, basil),¼ cup pure maple syrup,1/4 cup of Olive oil,24 Roma tomatoes, grilled or,salt, to taste,4 cups whole grain spelt flour*,1 cup water
- Preheat oven at 375 degree Fahrenheit. Prepare a 95 inch loaf pan by greasing and dusting it.
- Puree the tomatoes in a grinder and add maple syrup and blend well.
- Pour the tomato puree in a bowl and add oil and herbs.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine spelt flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda and mix properly with a spoon.
- Pour the tomato puree mix to the flour and mix with a spoon.
- Add water and mix with a spoon or with your hand. I initially mixed the batter with spoon and later mixed properly with hand. The batter will take the form of very soft dough.
- Put the dough into the pan and spread gently to shape it according to the pan.
- Put the loaf pan into the oven on the middle rack and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the tester comes out clean.
- Take the bread out of the oven and let it cool for a while.
- Cut into slices and serve warm with butter/margarine or make a sandwich out of it.