Ingredients: 1 cup all-purpose flour,2 tablespoons grated lemon rind,2 tablespoons poppy seeds,4 large egg yolks,1/2 cup granulated sugar,14 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted,5 large egg whites,3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped into ½- ounce pieces
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees. Lightly butter six 6-ounce ramekins, dust with sugar and place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour, lemon rind and poppy seeds; set aside.
- In the 4-1/2 quart bowl of a heavy-duty electric mixer using the wire whip attachment, whip the egg yolks and sugar until the mixture is pale and forms a ribbon when the whip is lifted.
- Place the egg whites in a medium grease-free bowl and using a hand-held electric mixer whip the whites to soft peaks.
- Fold the flour mixture into the yolk/sugar mixture then add the melted butter and gently mix until combined. Fold in the egg whites until combined. Fill each of the prepared ramekins 3/4 full and place a 1-ounce piece of chocolate in the center of the batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until firm. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Gently invert the cake onto a dessert plate and serve warm