WHIPPED GOAT CHEESE CROSTINI made with an apple ale reduction is the perfect easy appetizer for any occasion (TAILGATING anyone??). SO simple but so much flavor!!
There’s nothing better than a great EASY appetizer to have in your back pocket when tailgating. Well actually I take that back. There’s nothing better than a great EASY appetizer paired with your favorite beer to have in your pocket when tailgating! With so many parties and family get togethers to attend over the next couple weeks, we are going to need A LOT of food. It should be easy, flavorful, and fun. Arriving to any party with this Whipped Goat Cheese Crostini will make you an instant game day hero! Want lots of party invites? Be the one that brings the best apps and beer to the room! This fun and festive Whipped Goat Cheese Crostini has a secret Apple Ale Reduction that makes each bite burst with flavor while still staying about as simple as you can get…my kind of recipe!
I had the opportunity to partner with one of my very favorite sites on the web, Pints and Plates, to attempt one of their tried and true recipes and pair it with one of our favorite beers. I chose this Whipped Goat Cheese Crostini for the reasons above, but also because we just LOVE finger food around the Super Bowl. I want to taste everything on the table, so all the items need to be tapas style for me. This crostini is perfect. About two bites of fabulous goat cheese with just a hint of apple, all on perfectly toasted french bread. Wash it down with some Redd’s Apple Ale and you’re really in business.
This is one of the easiest recipes I’ve posted, and that’s saying something! Easy is my jam, and these are a serious favorite. You won’t believe how quickly they can be devoured. Be sure to check out Pints and Plates for more fun recipes and perfect pairings. I’m obsessed and I know you will be too!
Becky Hardin | The Cookie Rookie
Whipped Goat Cheese Crostini
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 12-oz bottle of Redd’s Apple Ale
- 1 French baguette, sliced and toasted
- 4 ounces honey goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Slice baguette into ½-inch slices and place on cooking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees until lightly toasted (about 6 minutes). Turn slices over to toast equally on both sides. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Create Redd’s Apple Ale reduction: Pour entire bottle of Redd’s into a saucepan and add sugar. Reduce until thickened (about 15 minutes). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Whisk goat cheese in mixing bowl at medium speed. Slowly mix in olive oil and 1 tablespoon of Redd’s Apple Ale reduction.
- Place toasted baguette slices on serving platter and spoon about 1 to 2 tablespoons of goat cheese whip onto each toast. Drizzle remaining Redd’s reduction over crostinis and sprinkle with chopped parsley.