This spicy and satisfying Andouille Sausage with Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts is a nutritious and delicious sheet pan meal that’s full of winter flavors!
AN EASY 30-MINUTE SHEET PAN DINNER IDEA
Aren’t sheet pan dinners awesome? EASY and fun to make, they can be thrown together in a pinch and look so appetizing when done! In this version, smoky bites of spicy andouille sausage are roasted to perfection along with a medley of Brussel sprouts, sweet potato, and onion. SO good!
This is one of the easiest ways to prepare dinner for the household, without doing a whole lot of work AND a whole lot of dishes. This Sausage dinner cooks all at once, on just one baking sheet. The result is a delicious meal that everyone enjoys.
- Andouille Sausage: You’ll need 12 ounces of good andouille sausage, cut into 1-inch chunks.
- Fresh Brussels Sprouts: Quarter the Brussels sprouts if they are large, and cut them in half if they are small.
- Sweet Potato: Peel the sweet potato, and cut into ½-inch cubes. Sweet potatoes are more dense than sprouts and sausage, so the pieces need to be smaller.
- Onion: I like to use a large yellow onion, cut into wedges. Feel free to substitute a red or white onion though!
- Olive Oil: For drizzling.
- Salt and Pepper
- Italian Seasoning: You’ll need a teaspoon of dried Italian seasoning blend.
- Dried Thyme and Oregano: One half teaspoon of each.
- Garlic Powder and Onion Powder: These add intensity of flavor in a snap!
WHAT IS ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE?
- Similar to chorizo, andouille sausage is a dry, flavorful, spicy sausage with a heartier texture than other sausages, thanks to the inclusion of chopped smoked pork, rather than using only ground meats. It’s a staple of Cajun and Creole cooking, and it makes a wonderful meal!
HOW TO MAKE ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE WITH SWEET POTATOES AND BRUSSEL SPROUTS
- Prepare the Oven and Pan. Preheat the oven to 400˚F, and spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking oil. I use this rimmed sheet pan.
- Arrange the Sausage and Veggies. Add prepared sausages, brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, and onion to the sheet pan.
- Season. Drizzle the sausages and veggies with olive oil. Season all over with the salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, thyme, oregano, garlic powder, and onion powder; mix and stir until everything is well combined.
- Roast. Bake for 15 minutes, and then stir. Continue to bake for 12 to 15 more minutes, or until the veggies are tender. Remove from the oven and serve.
- Easy Cleanup: Before spraying with oil, try lining your sheet pan with parchment or even foil for a quick and easy cleanup.
- Crisp Up Quick: If you want crispier edges without overcooking the ingredients, try broiling for a minute or two after baking. The broiler is great for a quick shot of high heat to brown and crisp!
- Veggie Substitutes: If Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes aren’t on the menu, feel free to sub out other veggies with similar textures: think cabbage or broccoli for the sprouts, and parsnips or potatoes for the sweet potatoes. It’s up to you!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH PAN-ROASTED SAUSAGE AND VEGGIES
- Cider: I like serving this hearty dinner with hard apple cider, or some delicious Cranberry Apple Cider Punch!
- Mashed Cauliflower: My healthy, Creamy Mashed Cauliflower makes a wonderfully filling and indulgent accompaniment to this savory meal, and it really sets off the sausages.
- Ice Cream: How about a cool bowl of Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream to round out the menu? So delicious, you’ll make it again and again!
HOW TO STORE AND REHEAT LEFTOVERS
- Refrigerate leftovers in airtight food storage bags or containers, for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 until heated through, stirring several times during cooking.
More Sausage Dinners