If you’re looking for an incredible dessert for a weekend brunch or Easter Sunday, try this Blueberry Muffin Crumb Cake! Moist and soft vanilla cake studded with blueberries and topped with a mountainous crumb topping and a light lemon glaze. So easy, impressive, and delicious!
Okay, so it’s still a month away, but it’s crazy to think that Easter is coming up! I swear I was just celebrating my birthday and now we’re in March. So insane to me!
And with Easter coming up, I’m brainstorming ALL the springtime recipes! You can bet I’m baking with fresh fruit, Cadbury eggs, and lots of other delicious seasonal ingredients. Stay tuned for those… but in the mean time, I have this crumb cake I HAVE to convince you to make!
First of all, nothing evokes coziness and comfort like a coffee cake on a weekend morning. Growing up, my mom occasionally made my Grandma Marjorie’s coffee cake (recipe here!) on the weekends. I’d wake up whenever, would roll out of bed and into the kitchen for a cup of coffee, and I would instantly smell the delicious aroma of nutmeg and brown sugar as it baked in the oven. The hardest part was waiting for it to cool enough that we could cut it into a slice!
OUR LATEST VIDEOS
Of course, now that I’m a food blogger I’m always thinking of unique coffee/crumb cake recipes… I have a few on here, but I figured I’d work with a classic combo that everyone loves: blueberry muffins!
This Blueberry Muffin Crumb Cake is moist and soft with a tender crumb and a lightly vanilla-flavored batter. It’s studded with the juiciest blueberries in every bite and topped with a thick mountain of brown sugar crumbs. I finished it off with a light, zesty lemon glaze to really brighten things up and because lemon and blueberries go so well together!
This really does taste like a blueberry muffin had a baby with a crumb cake in all the best ways! I know you’re going to love this easy, impressive cake!
Blueberry Muffin Crumb Cake
Author: Hayley Parker, The Domestic Rebel
Recipe type: Breakfast
This Blueberry Muffin Crumb Cake is moist, tender and soft with juicy blueberries and a mountain of brown sugary crumbs! You’ll flip for this decadent brunchtime treat!
- FOR THE CAKE:
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup full-fat sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 & ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 – 1 & ½ cups fresh blueberries
- FOR THE CRUMB AND GLAZE:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 & ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 & ½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease the bottom of a 9″ round springform pan with cooking spray. Place a parchment paper round down in the bottom of the pan, then liberally spray the bottom and sides of the pan again.
- For the cake: In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy and light, about 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract and the sour cream. Lastly, add in the dry ingredients until the cake batter comes together. Fold in the blueberries. Spread the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out the top.
- For the crumb: in a medium bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and melted butter until moistened and crumbs form. Top the cake batter with the crumb topping – it will seem like a lot of crumb, but trust me, you’ll want to use all of it!
- Bake for 60-75 minutes or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted near the center comes out clean or with moist – not wet, crumbs. Cool completely.
- Just before serving, make the glaze: in a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients and whisk until smooth. Drizzle the glaze evenly over the top of the crumb cake.
I just love this easy, flavorful crumb cake!!
Here’s some more crumb cake ideas for you!
Have a super sweet day!