Ingredients: 225g flour,2 ½ tsp baking powder,½ tsp salt,75g ground almonds,80g caster sugar,2 eggs,1 ¼ Tbs (50g) runny honey,250ml natural yoghurt,150ml sunflower oil,Finely grated zest of 1 lemon,50g unsalted pistachios, roughly chopped,150ml water,100g caster sugar,Juice of 1 lemon,1-2tbs rosewater
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- Add the ground almonds and caster sugar and mix.
- Mix the eggs, honey, yoghurt, sunflower oil and lemon zest together well in another bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and slowly pour in the wet ingredients, bringing them together with a whisk until they are just combined.
- Add some chopped pistachios to the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the 22cm springform cake tin lined with greaseproof paper and bake in the oven at 180C for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool in the tin for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the syrup. In a small saucepan, boil the water and sugar for about 5 minutes until it is reduced by half.
- Add the lemon juice and boil for a further 2 minutes, then cool and add the rosewater.
- Make holes on top of the warm cake with a toothpick and spoon the syrup all over the top. Scatter the pistachios over and leave to cool for 1 hour.
- Decorate with rose petals before serving.