Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time:10 minutes Cook Time:20 minutes Total Time:30 minutes Servings: 24
The ultimate, irresistible soft and chewy homemade chocolate chip cookies!
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Cream the butter and sugars before beating in the egg followed by the vanilla.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Mix the flour mixture into the wet mixture before gently folding the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough, 1-2 tablespoons, at a time, form into balls and place them on baking sheets lined with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat, 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the just start to turn lightly golden brown along the edges, 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!