Prep Time:15 minutes Total Time:15 minutes Servings: 16(8 1/2 cup servings)
A tasty homemade coleslaw that’s so easy to make!
- 8 cups green cabbage, shredded of finely chopped
- 1 cup carrot, shredded of finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, grated (optional)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Mix the cabbage, carrot and onion.
- Mix the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper until the sugar has dissolved into the dressing.
- Mix the coleslaw salad and dressing and either enjoy immediately or, better yet, let it sit in the fridge for an hour to overnight to let the flavours mingle!
Tip: Use a mandoline to slice the cabbage thinly and then coarsely chop with a knife.
Option: Replace some or all of the green cabbage with red cabbage.
Option: Add more vegetables!
Option: Replace some or all of the mayo with sour cream and/or plain yogurt.
Option: Replace the apple cider vinegar with another vinegar or fresh lemon juice, lime juice, etc.
Option: Add any desired spices to the dressing!
Option: Use grainy mustard, or omit the mustard.
Option: Add hot sauce to the dressing!
Option: Add worcestershire sauce to the dressing!
Option: Omit the sugar if you prefer your slaw without any sweetness!
Option: Replace the sugar with brown sugar, honey, maple syrup, etc.
Option: Add fresh chopped herbs such as parsley, cilantro, dill, basil, etc.
Option: Add sliced green onions.