Potatoes are such an awesome, versatile side dish, and one of my favorite ways to prepare them is, of course, frying! And with an air fryer, creating a tasty batch of these Crispy Air Fryer Potatoes with Herb Butter is wonderfully easy!
You’ll love the simplicity and flavor-punch of these tender, golden-brown baby potatoes seasoned with garlic, herbs, and Parmesan.
THE BEST AIR FRYER POTATOES
This recipe uses a select handful of quality ingredients, like olive oil, fresh garlic, and Parmesan cheese, to flavor baby potatoes. The result? A wonderfully balanced, fresh, flavor-packed side dish!
And on top of that, it’s seriously easy, and even healthy-ish. This might just be your new favorite “fry,” especially since my recipe uses an air fryer to minimize mess and cut down on waste.
- Baby Potatoes: You can use red, golden, or fingerling potatoes. Scrub well and cut in half.
- Olive Oil: I recommend a light to medium olive oil, since this dish will be cooked at a fairly high heat.
- Fresh Garlic: Mince about 4 cloves (or to taste). You can substitute a sprinkle of garlic powder, but the flavor will be somewhat different.
- Salt and Pepper
- Dried Thyme and Oregano: These two herbs add pungency and balance to the richness of the oil and garlic.
- Parmesan Cheese: Who doesn’t love Parm? I use it here for depth of flavor and extra crispiness!
- Optional: Melted Butter and Chopped Fresh Parsley: Combine these and drizzle over the finished potatoes. Yum!
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER POTATOES
- Toss the Potatoes, Oil, Garlic, and Seasonings: In a large bowl, combine the scrubbed and halved potatoes with the other ingredients (except melted butter and parsley). Stir or toss well to coat.
- Fry in Air Fryer: Place the potatoes in a single, uncrowded layer in the air fryer basket. If you have too many potatoes, cook in batches to avoid crowding. Crowded food won’t get crispy. Fry at 400˚F for 10 minutes, shake and stir to turn the potatoes, and fry again for 8 minutes or so, until potatoes are tender and golden.
- Drizzle and Serve: Make the herb butter (if using) by melting butter and mixing in chopped fresh parsley, or fresh herbs of your choice. Remove the potatoes to a serving dish, drizzle, and enjoy!
TIPS FOR CRISPY POTATOES
Follow these tips for the best results!
- Wash the potatoes: There’s a reason for the old saying that a given object is “as dirty as an unwashed potato.” Root veggies, potatoes literally grow IN the dirt and have to be washed well before cooking. I like to scrub my potatoes with a veggie brush, remove any imperfections with a small sharp knife, and then rinse well under running water.
- Dry Before Seasoning: Since water and oil don’t mix, dry the potatoes well with a clean dishcloth or paper towels before adding the oil and seasonings. Oil will coat a dry potato better!
- Dairy is Optional: If you’d like this dish to be dairy-free/vegan, leave out the cheese and butter. There’s no need to replace them, as the dish still packs a ton of flavor as-is!
WHAT GOES WITH AIR FRYER POTATOES?
HOW TO STORE AND REHEAT LEFTOVERS
- Refrigerate leftovers in tightly-covered containers or food-storage bags, for 3 to 5 days.
- To freeze, place potatoes on a parchment-lined tray and freeze until solid. Then place frozen potatoes in food-storage containers or bags and store in the freezer up to a month.
- To reheat, first thaw the potatoes (if frozen) in the refrigerator. Then place on a cookie sheet in a single layer, and bake at 350° until heated through.
More Potato Recipes
Tools Used in this Recipe
Crispy Air Fryer Potatoes with Herb Butter
A deliciously indulgent air-fryer recipe for halved baby potatoes, well-seasoned and drizzled with a savory herb butter.
Calories: 193 kcal
salt and freshly ground pepper,
grated parmesan cheese
chopped fresh parsley,
or your favorite fresh herbs
In a large bowl combine potatoes with olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, and cheese.
Place a single layer of potatoes in the basket of your air fryer; cook at 400˚F for 10 minutes.
NOTE: DO NOT crowd the air fryer basket; if it’s not big enough, cook the potatoes in batches.
Shake basket; give the potatoes a little stir and continue to cook for 8 more minutes, or until golden on top and tender inside.
In the meantime, melt butter and stir in the chopped herbs.
Transfer cooked potatoes to a serving plate.
Drizzle melted butter over the potatoes.
Crispy Air Fryer Potatoes with Herb Butter
Amount Per Serving (4 ounces)
Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 4g20%
Vitamin A 219IU4%
Vitamin C 24mg29%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.