You know those quick and easy dinners that you can always count on. You know, the ones that are ready in less than 30 minutes and can double as leftovers the next day? Yup, these Lemon Chicken Thighs are exactly that!
Laced with plenty of citrus and fresh herbs under the skin – you can bet ever single bite of these is going to be packed with a pop of fresh flavor! Serve them alongside some pesto broccolini and dinner is done in a flash. Or if you have some leftovers, shred the chicken up and use it in Mexican Lasagna or make some Greek Chicken Stuffed Pitas you do weeknight dinners for sure!
Crispy Lemon Chicken Thighs
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Fresh thyme
- Fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 lemon, cut into 8 rounds
- Position a rack in the lower third of an oven and preheat to 400°F
- Season the chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper. Tuck a few leaves of tarragon and thyme under the chicken skin. Heat the oil in a large ovenproof skillet or fry pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, skin side down, and cook until the fat has rendered and the skin is crisp and golden brown, about 8 minutes. Transfer, skin side up, to a plate.
- Pour off the excess fat from the pan. Return the chicken, skin side up, to the pan and scatter the lemon slices on top. Transfer to the oven and roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a thigh, away from the bone, registers 170°F (77°C), 18 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken and lemon slices to a platter and scatter an additional 2-3 tablespoons of fresh herbs on top. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.