Ingredients: 1 teaspoon olive oil or coconut oil,8 eggs,1/4 cup Feta cheese, crumbled,Handful of fresh cilantro, chopped (about 3 Tablespoons),Handful of fresh parsley, chopped (about 3 Tablespoons),2 cloves of garlic, minced,2 green onions, white and green segments sliced,6 large leaves of red kale, chopped and stems removed and sliced,1 cup sliced Shitake mushrooms, about 4-5,1 cup sliced Shitake mushrooms, about 4-5,1/8 teaspoon pepper,4 Roma tomatoes, sliced into 1/4″ slices,2 tablespoons salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.Beat eggs, salt, and pepper, in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a 10″ oven safe skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, green onions, and sliced kale stems to skillet.
- Saute for 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and herbs.
- Saute for an additional 2 minutes. Herbs will be wilted and the mushrooms are starting to brown.Handful of fresh parsley, chopped (about 3 Tablespoons)
- Add layer of kale to mixture. Do not mix in, just lay on top of mushroom and herb mixture.
- Add a layer of tomatoes over kale and sprinkle crumbled feta over tomatoes.Evenly pour eggs over tomatoes and feta. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.As eggs are cooking, lift edges of strata with a spatula allowing eggs in fill in the gaps.Once bottom of strata begins to brown, transfer to the oven. Cook for 20 minutes, or until eggs are set.
- Remove from pan and cut into wedges.
- Remove from oven and take strata out of pan with a large spatula. Slice into wedges and serve.